Sunday, October 21, 2012

Failing to get a grasshopper-eye view

Grasshoppers keep hopping through October. I realize I've been wanting to join them. Does life grow wilder on a smaller scales? So far, I'm still too high up to begin to tell -- WAY too high -- hovering and towering over my world!

Microscopic looks would reveal worlds within worlds of wilderness inside fallen golden leaves soaked in evaporating parking lot puddles, I remember.  Grasshoppers hop away as I bend and crouch, failing to lean into their everyday scenes. But it's fun to keep trying.

Update, later on 10/21: I added more pictures -- snapped this morning while my Tortoise Cat colleague and I strolled the lawn and parking lot.














Here are several more pictures of this scene, snapped between 8 and 9 a.m. on 10/21:

 










No comments:

Post a Comment